12.2.08

Shpring Has Shprung

Oh boy Oberto! Today's the 199th post!


Now, I'm almost loathe to share this information.....eh, nah, I'll do it anyway!


If you're reading this from the midwest or northeast, sorry. It's 50 degrees and sunny all week here.

And it's 60 degrees and full sun in Rome.

Like I said, sorry.

Spring has sprung here! Coming from a state where a warm day is more of a tease than a treat, I'm reluctant to believe that it really is spring just yet. But the locals are totally buying it. People are so excited about spring! They have their sunglasses out, they are buying new flipflops in the shops, they are frequenting the ice cream shops. Come on guys, anyone who's been up at UM on the first day of spring and seen the sorostitutes out on the diag in bikinis with the snow melting around them knows how excited people can get.

Moreover, Ireland had the rainiest summer in history in 2007. It rained every single day through June, July and most of August--twice most days. These people haven't seen a full day of sun since 2006 (and I'm seriously not exaggerating. I wish you could be here to know that it's true). They are pale. They are devoid of vitamin D. They are sad and scared. And now, the sun has come out.

Let me tell you, on Saturday it was about 60 and I had my flip flops on. The blossoms are coming out on the flowering trees and crocuses are coming up. Today the sun is radiating over the mountain into the office and I feel like laying on the floor and taking a nap like Boo. LOL. It might actually be well received...

Anyway, sorry US, with your snow storms and your freezing temperatures and running out of road salt and bitter windchill and -40 degree US cold weather record. Soooorry. It's rough. I've been there. I promise. I feel your pain.


Now let me get off this computer and go walk through the sundappled streets to the sandwich shop.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for at least letting me visualize warmth.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome. It's getting me really revved about comin' over there to see you in late June. Plans are still goin' strong. Tickets have not been bought yet...but are soon to be in the works. Hopefully all is still convenient on your end for this to go as planned. I can't wait! Miss YOU!!!
    -Karabey

    ReplyDelete